ALL MY LINKS: Beacons.ai/Hullsome
To learn more about Geocaching, HIT THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON! I also had Chat GPT write a little introduction to Geocaching for us, so if you’re confused at all… just read below! 🙂
LEARN ABOUT GEOCACHING HERE!
Geocaching is a fun and rewarding hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and skill levels. For those who are new to geocaching, the prospect of finding hidden treasures in the great outdoors can be an exciting experience. However, it can also be a bit intimidating, especially for those who are unfamiliar with the hobby or don’t know where to start. Here are some tips on how new geocachers, or “muggles,” can get involved with geocaching:
1. Create an account on a geocaching website or app: The first step to getting involved with geocaching is to create an account on either Geocaching.com or the Geocaching app. This will give you access to a database of caches that have been hidden by other geocachers in your area. The free version allows access to limited caches, but you can upgrade to Premium to gain access to all geocaches!
2. Find a cache near you: Once you’ve created your account, use the search function to find a cache near you. You can filter your search by location, difficulty, and terrain, depending on your preferences.
3. Read the cache description: Before you head out to search for a cache, be sure to read the cache description carefully. This will give you important information about the cache, including its location, difficulty level, and any hints that might help you find it.
4. Bring a pen and some trinkets to trade: When you find a cache, be sure to sign the logbook and leave a trinket if you have one to trade. This is a fun way to participate in the geocaching community and leave your mark on the cache.
5. Follow the geocaching etiquette: As you get more involved with geocaching, it’s important to follow the etiquette of the hobby. This includes leaving the cache exactly as you found it, respecting private property, and being mindful of other geocachers and muggles who may be in the area.
If you want to learn more about getting involved with the geocaching community, you can subscribe to Hullsome on YouTube and follow me on TikTok and Instagram. Between watching my videos and following the steps above, you can quickly become a pro and experience all the thrill and excitement that geocaching has to offer!
Join HULLSOME DAILY EXCLUSIVE & PREMIUM to get access to access Premium Hullsome perks! 🙂